OpenHack 2020by NUS Hackers
OpenHack is a new event by NUS Hackers that encourages students to start contributing to open-source projects or create new (and fun!) open-source projects. Non-NUS students are definitely welcome to participate in this challenge as well!
UPDATE: The deadline for submission has now been extended to 15th August! All the best!
Why should I contribute to open-source?
Contributing to open-source will allow you to:
- Help your fellow student developers
- Build and fix things that have meaningful, real impact on people's lives
- Build public artifacts that help you grow a reputation (and a career)
I'm in! What do I do?
From now till 15th August, complete any one of the following challenges to receive limited-edition prizes:
- Make 3 valid pull requests (PRs) that satisfy the PR standards to any NUS-related open source repositories or;
- Create and complete a fun new open source project of your own that satisfies the project standards
Be one of the first 50 people to complete any one of the two challenges above, and you will get a free limited-edition event completion T-shirt and stickers.
Need more information?
Join our community!
We have an OpenHack Telegram group for people who are trying to complete the challenge as well. Do join us to discuss ideas or to get help! Or just lurk and absorb the ideas, we don't mind too!